Friday, March 24, 2006

So all things new and old

Anyway, I realized that I have not actually been posting at all this week...and sadly my only excuse is that I was busy being lazy and enjoying spring break. I haven't been too lazy...but it sure feels that way. Anyway, for news: my older sister got a cute little terrier puppy and if I could add pictures I would show them. Nick and I ended up not going to Iowa for a variety of reasons but are going in two weeks. Tonight is my sister-in-laws birthday party and while I am looking forward to spending time with the family and celebrating with the kiddos..I am also really not excited, which is sad, cause I can remember a time in the not too distant past when doing things like this was the height of my fun days! I guess it has to do with the fact that the people I want to see will be there, and people I don't really want to see will also be there. I went for a run today..nothing fancy, maybe a mile and a half or less and now feel fat and old, and out of shape. This is sad because I know in my head I am none of those things, but then I look in the mirror and think - what happened to my sixteen year old thighs!? I have been grading exams and quizzes as well, and it's taking awhile because there are thirty each and the exams are essay! Poor students. I just know the ones that I graded first will probably get most of my bad marks because by the end I will be too tired to and just not care...although I am joking! I really do take them seriously. Oh, my teeth aren't hurting so I have put off calling a dentist (this is partly out of fear of course!) and Sara, your advice about the toothpaste was wonderful. I bought some and I attribute it to the taking pain out of my mouth. I will still have to go to a dentist. So far, nothing has been heard from my ex-husband, who has actually stolen a bunch of my stuff. My lawyer is working on it. I am seriously thinking of going to law school merely to become a mean divorce attorney only for women. This is unfair, but no offense guys...men are so immature!!! Okay...now male friends, I love you, and you are NOT immature. Ok. Gotta go and shower and get ready for family fun tonight, where half the people there despise me and the other half like me! Should be interesting. I find it sad that I actually don't like some people I considered family only a half a year ago!

7 comments:

Nathan said...

I must admit to some immaturity on my part, but I blame that on my crazy, unfulfilled sexual drive.

Anonymous said...

I highly suggest you call us when you head to Iowa....at least make the effort and maybe we can do lunch! Good grief.....Iowa City is like only 2 hours from me, and I will definitely have to kick your butt if you just "forget" to call. You know how I feel about being too "busy" to call or keep in touch by email, or blogging. lol
love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the toothpaste worked. It is nice to have until you actually make it to the dentist. :-)

I'm sorry about your ex. He seems to be an ass. Do you need to me to kick his ass? I'll be in Wichita at the end of April and begining of May for weddings.

Kathleen said...

ok, let's see..one comment at a time. Felix, despite your sex drive I don't think you're immature. But then, maybe your sex drive has increased a lot since high school (which I find highly improbably considering hs guys' sex drives) and you've changed. Judy..I was thinking about that whole thing and I wasn't sure about calling, because I"m going with Nick and I wasn't sure how you felt about that. Oh, and the only thing I know for sure that we're doing is eating at Amana Colonies! He and I are big fans!! :-) Oh, and Sara, yes, I'm glad it works too because I suddenly feel swamped with work. I may even drop one of my classes to devote more time to thesis. Not sure yet.

Bishniak said...

Not all divorces are because of the husband.... I just feel the strong need to point that out.

And another urge to point out that a mean lawyer for the guys can be handy as well when needed.

That all said, sorry to hear about the jackass. What did he steal, and can you get him arrested on that? String him up by the shorthairs, that's what I have to say.

Kathleen said...

Actually you're right. In this case, the divorce was my decision...based on some of his decisions. But I will say he didn't have to make it this difficult.

Bishniak said...

No he didn't

there's the way you should handle it, and the way you want to handle it. You're doing the former. Mr. Pansy McPoopypants is doing the latter.