Thursday, March 30, 2006

I have been trying very hard to be healthy and my diet is working out much better than I thought. Apparently, being a poor graduate student means that I eat better because I can't afford to go out every night for junk food (aka. yummy McDonald's fries!) I actually ate something good for me this morning, and sadly my coffee addiction seems to be weakening (I believe people need some type of addiction to food and/or beverages, it seems to make them nicer) But the exercising is a problem. I spent an hour using the elliptical trainer at WSU last night and went home feeling that fantastic high. But I have this dreadful feeling I will relapse and become more lazy. Now that it's getting warmer, I can hear the siren call of running, so that will be nice. Also, I just want to put in here that Jerry Shaw, the instructor that I do SI for (he's 1/2 Osage Indian) is just great! I am really going to miss him next semester when I'm at Iowa. And I dropped one of my classes, which leaves this huge space of research time so that's good - instead of reading for the class I can read for my thesis. I just hope I don't use the time unwisely, which I am wont to do. Have a good Thursday people!

No comments: