Monday, April 24, 2006

No title really, just catching up

Well, it has been awhile. I've been a busy little bee. Friday our apartment had to be sprayed by pest control, because of the apartment complex's directives. So, Nick and I spend Thursday in a preview of moving to Iowa by boxing food, dishes, etc. up. Probably wasn't necessary, but we're not dwelling on that. Then, we had to put everything back up again that night. My niece Alyssa stayed the day and night Saturday and Sunday. We all went shopping, Alyssa and I tried on prom dresses, which was silly and fun, and Jackie met us for dinner. Then on Saturday, Nick and I took her to our usual breakfast at Panera and walked through Riverside Park..went to the Art Museum. It was all fun. Dalton, me youngest nephew had a birthday party so Alyssa and I headed into Andale for cake and ice cream. It was quite a blast; but I am tired! It's a stormy, stormy day today, and the perfect type for sleeping in or just curling up and reading. No can do - the end of the semester means more work. But I will certainly manage to do some reading! So far nothing new on the ex-husband front. I don't know if I will get my things back or not. I am doing fine without them, and trying not to miss certain items. Maybe it will happen, maybe not. I could hire a lawyer and fight (and probably win, thanks to new laws) the bankruptcy thing. I don't know exactly what money he could get with my high school diploma, or the notes I had from, I think 5th grade on from Kay and the rest of my friends, but who knows! He also has all my track medals, which pissed off my dad. All in all, I'm not happy about it, but I guess I will live with it if I have to. Things seem to be going pretty good right now.

No comments: