Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Iowa

Last night, my new guy Nick finally got the letter accepting him to the University of Iowa's MLS program. I am so excited! U of Iowa has a great History PhD Program as well - I was planning on applying for the fall of 2007. I am also applying for next fall's semester to get my Certificate in Native American Studies. So things are looking up! Iowa City is right near the river, there are great places to run, and it's a great college town! Plus, it's only about an hour and a half from my older sister's place - I will be able to see my youngest niece more! It feels that my life is finally starting to go where I want it. Yay!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you. My parents live in Iowa, and they like it....except for all the snow. But you guys will probably be ok....at least you have the red beast!

Anonymous said...

doh! I dont want to start rehashing the abortion debate, but I keep forgetting to send you this link: www.democratsforlife.org. Do with it what you will. :-)

Kathleen said...

actually, I think we'll probably get rid of Big Red. I want to get another car soon - something smaller - when I can afford it. I really like the Toyota Prius.

Anonymous said...

Brad's brother just got a hybrid, and its awesome.

Nathan said...

I generally approve of Iowa. I think of it as the Kansas of the north.

Bishniak said...

Yeah, it could be worse, you could have moved to Oklahoma.

and Hybrids are wonderous on gas mileage. However it bothers me the whole car shuts down at stop signs. Yes, I know it's saving gas & energy, but on hot days, I want the A/C on all the time.

Kathleen said...

It will be awhile before I can afford a new car, much less a hybrid. I am a poor graduate student - remember?