Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Ex Sucks

I am attempting to move out my possessions today, the ones that are guaranteed by the divorce papers. My ex-husband is trying to blow smoke and says that he will be there, his dad will, no one will...the possessions aren't mine, and also that he threw away, burned, or destroyed them. I have a police officer going with me so he can't pull another gun on me and actually shoot me this time. I have supportive friends cheering me on from emails, phone calls, or helping me move. But I am still stressed and am glad I have the divorce completed. I keep telling myself that possessions really don't matter - I got my cat and I am not shot and my friends still care about me, etc. But I am also really wanting to cry if all my collection stuff is gone (like the dolphin my mom gave me on the last birthday I had before she died) or my collection of notes and cards I got from family, friends, etc. My diplomas, my books...Exes suck, although I realize not everyone has my vindictive one. I am rambling. Thanks for the support all of you!

7 comments:

Nathan said...

Good luck. I'm sure it's mostly just smoke. People talk way more than they bite.

Kathleen said...

Thanks Felix. And you know, you still owe me - I thought we were going to see a movie or something, and I am sending you and open invitation anytime to you want to come to a party or get-together at my place..I will always let you know when they are and where my place is.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, babe. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Also, if it's in the divorce decree and he threw it out or burned it, he should have to compensate you monetarily.

Anonymous said...

Dang Katie I didn't know...I'll be praying that everything goes more smoothly and you get your dolphin. That I definately understand your worrying over. Good Luck.

Bishniak said...

Sucks royally. Specially when he doesn't bother to be there. He's the type of ass that will drag this out as long as he can.
Not to sound pessimistic, but it is in some fashion a safe bet that he might have thrown some of your things away. While the sentimental value is irreplacable, I would hold him to the divorce decree and have a judge throw something at him (his gavel for instance) if he fails to up hold a legal document claiming what is yours.
And next time have the police get a warrant to enter the house so that if he's not there, you can go in and get your stuff.

Nathan said...

Also, I would suggest avoiding people who seem to get overly excited when they're angry from now on.

Just a suggestion.