Thursday, May 04, 2006

Well, it's the end of the semester. My last true semester at WSU. I am glad to be going to Iowa, studying Native American issues, maybe getting a teaching certificate..maybe a phd..whatever. However, I'm a little sad. I will be leaving my favorite professors, friends, students I care about..a department that is friendly and small. Plus, I will be leaving Jerry. I told you all about Jerry Shaw, the instructor I have been working for since my second semester here. Today, he showed his appreciation for all I've done (which I don't feel is that much, considering what he gave me: confidence, a friend, new things to think about, study, etc.) and gave me a very beautiful, BLUE!, Pendleton blanket. I now have two - he gave me one for the wedding last year, and that is something special I actually was able to keep. And now, I have this one. To tell you the truth, I actually felt honored, like I'd made a difference. The students clapped and thanked me for helping them..etc. I will really miss SI and Jerry especially (although we will definitely stay in contact and visit and such). Well, that's about all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you're so loved and sad that you're leaving. I'm especially sad that you're leaving before I get back to Wichita for the summer...skank lesbian (refer to Nathan's blog).

Anonymous said...

Wait...when are you leaving me? And I just have to say that your present from Jerry is the most awesome of presents and if I were the jealous type I would have to steal it. But lucky for you I am so very wonderful and will just tell you that I have loved being your friend and will miss you so very much. Even if you are apparently a skank lesbian.

Anonymous said...

Ok so when is everyone leaving and coming and what not relating to Wichita? Just curious since I'm going to be in the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

Kater, I am honestly jealous of you, and all your friends. Kristi sounds deliriously happy, Audrie has a baby...my baby isn't a baby anymore :(
Kay, well, to me Kay ALWAYS seems happy....you all seem so happy to be your goofy selves together, and have plenty of friends, while I, am stuck here, struggling to find myself and be a good mom, a good wife, and a good student. And it is a daily struggle for me. There are days I just want to hide in bed, but I drag myself out, get myself moving, and try very hard not to act like my mother. I sound depressed, I know. But when I follow up on that, the dr says it is stress from school and money issues. So, I just keep goin...I miss having close friends, and if possible take it from me ALL of you (young ones) who read this, keep those friendships alive if at all possible, because the older you get, the more difficult it is to make friends of the same caliber as those you have from college and highschool. You meet people at your jobs, but don't usually do much with them outside of work. Then you have kids, and meet parents who have a child/children in your kids' school/class, but again, you don't spend much time with them other than short chats while picking the kids up from school. Everyone gets so busy making a life with their families, for their families, that friends kind of slip to the wayside. I am really not sure why it all happens, because I'm sure pledges are made to 'stay in touch', our kids will be friends too, etc...,it just happens, and suddenly, we are out of the loop of our friends lives. Sometimes it is a matter of taking the time to keep in touch. Or being upset that the friend does not make the effort to email, write, call... it kind of snowballs:) Just remember how important it is to keep friends, even if they aren't "couple friends" or "family friends". This is why I love reading all your blogs, and living vicariously through your friendships! Good grief, I've rambled enough. Sorry for that guys/girls, the alzheimers kicked in and it just kinda happens sometimes.