Friday, November 02, 2012

Fall Days

I really love fall - it's my favorite season. I love the idea of cool, crisp days where you don't have to wear a bulky coat but you DO have to wear cute sweaters and boots. Preferably while walking either on a tree-lined sidewalk or in the woods. Wherever leaves are falling and you're holding the hand of that special someone. I love how the light looks and how the air smells fresher. It is in fall that I am the most introspective and creative. I feel inspired to write more (if I had the opportunity, that is)and just think more - about nature, about spirituality, about family and friend, about all sorts of deep things.

And just think about it - in the fall, school starts, there's Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, bonfires and s'mores! All cool things to look forward to when the cooler weather hits.

Anyway, Alice (you knew I'd bring up my daughter eventually, right?) and I went to Botanica today to enjoy the fall weather while we still had the chance. It was slightly warmer than I would have liked, but I went with it. Alice LOVES to be outside - she adores it. We had a picnic in the grass, I talked her out of eating leaves, sticks, and grass and instead eating her yummy baby food and puffs, and then we walked around. Sadly, Botanica had started to turn off their water fountains and such, so there was no playing in the water. But she did get to crawl (with some help from me) up the tree house in the children's garden and we both crawled through a huge log. We even found a small garden area for toddlers and babies with fun books and the Hungry Caterpillar! Alice made a friend or two while we were there - she was very impressed by the little girls pigtails. It was such a nice afternoon.

And while sometimes it's more hard work than it's worth to try to get a baby all packed up to do something that includes lunch and activities and all that, today was not one of those times. Except perhaps, for Alice, who didn't get to eat grass, leaves, and sticks.

No comments: