Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Semester Woes

I feel like this semester is going to be extremely tough to keep up with. I'm already making reading and study schedules, trying to stay organized, but it already feels like a losing battle; and not because I haven't finished things. I'm actually doing pretty well at finishing things, on time, and not rushed. This is actually kind of weird for me. I usually finish things on time, but a lot of the time only one thing was done in a non-rushed manner. But this week, I finished two assignments well and on time and now I have all day to really work and edit an easy paper that's due tomorrow - of which, I already have a bunch of notes and things to correct as well, so aside from just making changes and revamping things and getting a style - I'm pretty much done with homework. I have no idea then why this semester is going to be so difficult, because I'm off to a great start, I feel better about myself and I'm really trying to do well and stay organized.

What the hell is wrong with me then, to feel so stressed?

I have a ton of readings and I am worried about keeping up and absorbing and understanding the material. Especially in my educational psychology class, because it's been so long since I took any sort of college-level psychology class. Of course, I also feel extremely smart in that class because I caught references to things I'd studied before and I'm in the class with quite a few undergraduates, who basically, make me look like a genius. In my own humble opinion.

Some of it is stress because of money. I'm still looking for an assistantship or better job and trying to get more hours is crazy as well - it's just not happening. But I always have the outlook that I will manage somehow.
Another one is very vain: but I've gained some weight in the last few years and for awhile I was doing really well losing it: but then winter hit and suddenly it's hard to exercise. I want to go outside and run, but it's dangerously cold or icy - or both. And I have a wonderful place to workout, but it's such an effort to actually get up and go there: I have to drive or take the bus. Plus, it's so boring not having someone to workout with, you know? But I know I'll probably do better here too, since I've gotten more set on scheduling and stuff.

I guess this post has been boring, but I just got tired of reading the same old things on all the blogs I read and figured others would be too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry your having sucky money troubles. As for exercising, I used to do crunches with Nora on my legs when she was a baby. Maybe the cats can help you out? ;-)

Sara

Kathleen said...

Hahahaha...the cats could help me out? I needed a laugh, thank you. The cats DO like to try and help me work out - they play with my shoelaces....they try to push the fitness ball I have away from me when I'm doing crunches....the get under my feet when I'm doing my tae-bo and I end up almost breaking my neck.

KU Mommy said...

I want a cat! (sorry, just had to vent that)

Kathleen said...

You'll need to wait til all of your kiddoes are a little older - cats are bad for really little kids to have cause of the litter boxes. Unless you have the space to put it somewhere the cat can reach but your kid can't!

Kathleen said...

But cats are also tons of fun, even if they are a handful.