Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy New Year

Okay, so it's a week late. I've had a crazy three weeks and I still feel rather jarred about by them. My Christmas was wonderful, although I've noticed as the years go by that the actual Christmas part of it has taken a backseat to the enjoying being with family part of it. Nick ended up being extremely busy with his family over break this year - busier than normal, for very good reasons - and so I spent tons of time with my family in Kansas. Certainly tons of time with Rick and Charlene's family. I was glad to see Jackie for a few days and hang out a bit with her, and of course, I was happy to see my dad and stepmom. But by and large, my vacation took place with Rick and Charlene and those kids. Colin turned 13 so we celebrated (somewhat reluctantly, teenagers - eek!), I got to watch Taylor play basketball, Dalton and I had a blast playing games on the computer and Playstation, and later the Wii (the kid kicks by butt at bowling, and he's 5!) and I got to bond quite a bit with Tristan, who's not yet 2. It was fun just being around and relaxing with the family. The break has been busy, so I'm not going to do a highlights list - there's just too many things that happened. But suffice to say, it was a pretty good break.
Nick left today - he was able to spend a week here, so we had our New Year's celebration together, and then basically hung out and tried not to spend too much money. I already miss him. Feels like it will be forever until our next meeting (which sounds rather old-fashioned, doesn't it?)
I have some simple, possibly successful resolutions in place. I'm getting ready for school to start in about two weeks. Nervous this semester, as I start education courses. But happy to keep going forward and get stuff done.

No comments: