Saturday, April 07, 2007

I have the best boyfriend

Okay. So I shouldn't brag but I want to anyway. I have the best boyfriend in the world! All week he's been talking about a surprise for Friday. How he asked Erin, one of his friends if I would like it, giving these insane clues that I had no idea what he was talking about - and on Friday I thought I'd figured out that it was some sort of departmental, university, scavenger hunt thing and the winners get a prize. He picks me up after his meeting, takes me downtown, and I follow him into Zender's. Zender's is an Aveda salon and spa. Then he checks me in, kisses me, and to my astonishment, smiles and starts out the door saying, "Enjoy yourself!" I'm like, where are you going, what's going on. And the salon person smiles and says, this is a surprise for you huh? I nod, thoroughly confused, and then she takes me to the back, where I fill out some paperwork and then, into the room where I get a full-body, hot stone massage. An hour! Of PURE BLISS!!!! He'd set it up so I could relax and unwind, and cause he had remembered that I'd always wanted to try hot stone massage. That was my Easter present! An hour of nirvana. It was fantastic. Oh, and after he poured me in the car, we got to spend the rest of the day together! I have the best boyfriend ever, and I HAD to brag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH!!! How NOT fair! Lucky you is all I got to say sis.

Sara B said...

Brad got me a pedicure for my birthday, and it was awesome. Except I didnt know I would be getting a calf massage, so I didnt shave. That was a little embarassing... :-)

Kathleen said...

lol..that would be embarassing

Sara B said...

yes. So, FYI, if you ever go to get a spa pedicure, shave your legs first. Because no matter how much the nice asian lady acts like it happens all the time, it still embarasses you. :-)