Friday, January 12, 2007

New Year Post

Well, it's been awhle since I've posted anything new. Not much has happened. I'm anxiously awaiting my surrogate niece - Sara and Brad's baby. I've been hoping to find a better paying job as well. Exciting news: my niece Kaylin turned six! Happy Birthday! And I get to have her stay with me for a weekend in a few weeks so I'm excited. I'm working on a book database so I can keep track of the books I have, and basically for later, when I have a house that has a room devoted only to books. A library of course - if that ever happens. And I'm reading a book on the history of abortion and the differences in opinion between pro-choice and anti-choice people. It's bery non-judgemental and unbiased so far, since I'm about halfway through I think it will remain that way. To put it in basic language, the author is writing about why each group has the viewpoint that it has. Very interesting, and I may write more about it later. It's a break from reading mainly one viewpoint or another - I usually try to read both so I can be fully informed. Sometimes it's difficult. Anyway, I plan on seeing one of my best friends in April and Nick and I are planning on a trip to Chicago to see the art museum, the aquarium, and then tour, hopefully - if the weather is nice and all - the Frank Lloyd Wright stuff there. I guess that's all for now. Not very interesting, but I'm hoping my life will get more exciting.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

please, please, please dont refer to pro-life people as anti-choice. It hurts my feelings.

Kathleen said...

Sorry, I don't mean to hurt your feelings. But the opposite of pro-life is pro-death, and I don't think I am. Plus, I really don't think of myself or others who are pro-choice as babykillers and that really offends me. I'll try to keep my dialogue neutral though, at least in regards to you.

Bishniak said...

I do have to find some irony in the sense that you say the book is non-biasaed in the same sentence where you use a negative term to describe those of opposing viewpoints for you.


Take Pictures of Frank Lloyd Wrights stuff. He was an arrogant man, but an artisian Architect.

Kathleen said...

Well, the book is unbiased. I am not. Plus, I think that Sara is against abortion but is "pro-choice" in a lot of other ways. And she wouldn't just generalize that pro-choice people are babykillers because she doesn't agree with abortion, though she may think that they are. In other words I don't think she's judgemental. And since Sara asked me not to, I won't call her anti-choice, although I think some pro-life people are...just as some pro-life people think of me as pro-choice and automatically say babykiller. And I've seen some of his work in books, so I can't wait to see Frank Lloyd Wright's stuff - I think Nick and I might even go down to Arizona to see his winter camp someday.

Kathleen said...

Well, the book is unbiased. I am not. Plus, I think that Sara is against abortion but is "pro-choice" in a lot of other ways. And she wouldn't just generalize that pro-choice people are babykillers because she doesn't agree with abortion, though she may think that they are. In other words I don't think she's judgemental. And since Sara asked me not to, I won't call her anti-choice, although I think some pro-life people are...just as some pro-life people think of me as pro-choice and automatically say babykiller. And I've seen some of his work in books, so I can't wait to see Frank Lloyd Wright's stuff - I think Nick and I might even go down to Arizona to see his winter camp someday.

Anonymous said...

I would never call you a babykiller, or any other pro-choice people. I do like to think I am pro-many choices, I just feel like there are many more choices, or should be, than abortion. I appreciate that you wouldnt call me, personally, anti-choice, just as it never occurred to me to call you pro-death (I've never even heard that term!) or a babykiller. And I'm blaming my current baby on the fact that I may have said the same thing more than once in the same post. I also blame her for the fact that I sometimes wash my hair more than once because I cant remember if I just washed it or not. :-)

Kathleen said...

Lol, Sara no, you've never ever used the term babykiller. I was just speaking in general terms to those who do use that term. And I know you are pro-many choices. I use the term pro-choice to mean that, not just abortion.