Monday, November 12, 2007

I am in a funny mood today. I think it's just a stressful time right now. Anyway, I still haven't started the Einstein biography and now it's due in two days. It almost feels like homework to read it on a time crunch so I'm going to try and renew it, since I wanted to read it for fun. I finally got one of the books I reserved at the library called Our Mother's War - women during WWII. It's based on interviews and letters, etc. so it should be an interesting read. I'm going to recommend it to my grandma and then see if she can talk to me more about her experiences. I'm also reading the Church and the Second Sex about Christian misogyny. It was originally written in 1968 so I'm hoping to find another, more recent study and compare whether anything has changed, especially in the Catholic Church. Also, I CANNOT seem to make an appointment to get a haircut. I wanted to get something done before Wednesday, but I only trust two people: my sister and this spa/salon I go to because I know they're professional and do a great job based on recommendations. And both are impossible to get to: I have to work and can't make an appointment with Judy and I tried and failed to make an appointment at the salon before Wednesday night. I could chance somewhere else, but I have a gift certificate at the spa. I worked yesterday from 6am to 2pm. I am seriously thinking of quitting my job. Our manager is rather incompetent and also annoying. Plus, she asked me to cut short my Christmas vacation time, even though I requested off for it two and a half months before Christmas! Of course, it's already been approved and I won't actually be in the state so it was merely a request. I told her that it wasn't just MY vacation it was also Nick's and he hasn't seen his family since June I believe. I thought it was a bit ridiculous, especially considering that her vacations and time off days (which always seem to coincide with extremely big sales events or floorsets) are never denied or anything. But I digress into work madness and since I have today off, I'm trying not to stress myself out too much. Applications are still bogging me down. But I'm going to try to clear some of that off today, so YAY! Other than that...not much to talk about.
Things that really piss me off: calling pro-choice people "babykillers" and people not actually being informed of political and social issues but having a definite opinion that is NEVER going to change. Basically, close-minded people who can't see past black and white. I had a customer the other day like that; not with me, just her and a friend talking and she was so ignorant but was also so definite. People annoy me sometimes. USE YOUR BRAINS - that's why we have them, to think things through, become informed, see other peoples' points of view and then make a decision. You wouldn't just make a snap judgement about buying a house or a car, why do people do that regarding politics and such? Urgh!

2 comments:

Sara Bishop said...

I almost quit a couple of months ago when I asked off for the day after Christmas and was told they had to give priority to people who didnt take three months off this year. Because I was on a baby vacation, apparently.

Kathleen said...

Well, yes of course. You were just sitting at home, watching tv and not taking care of a newborn infant at all...stupid people. But I might be able to quit soon, I'll tell you more after this afternoon.