Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Crazy Day

I've actually come up with a topic that I like but today I just wanted to vent about my day yesterday. Yesterday I got to work at 8 - rushing, because for some reason my contact lens would NOT GO IN MY EYE! It just kept popping out and laughing at me. I got a flu shot (my arm incidentally still hurts today, rather badly, plus I couldn't eat pizza because I was nauseous). Then, I ran some errands for G and took the minivan instead of the Lexus and therefore could not complete one of my errands. I saved a balloon for L, though and she was ecstatic. I got her to French. I took library books back. I loaded her up in her car seat and got her to the older kids school. And there, on the car, was a flat tire. Like really flat. Like, if I had driven it back to their house with three kids we would have had a blow up and possibly fiery car accident flat! T (the dad) had actually stopped at the school, which is strange, so he gave me his AAA card, we called up Gretchen, she called a tow truck and loaded up the baby in the minivan to come and pick us up. We waited until 4:40 ( the tow truck actually got there at 4:20 or so, but the kids were fascinated by watching them load up the car. Did I mention we were outside watching this and the wind was like -200 degrees and the actual temperature was like, 30? We pick up McDonalds for the kids (they don't get McD's alot at all, so you could see they were hoping that next time we might have something bigger happen) we finish up a few chores at the house. I get home at 6:30. Nick orders pizza - the delivery guy has a flat tire so the pizza is cold when it arrives. Pizza does not stay in my stomach (see flu shot above). I went to bed at 10:30 I believe. Thursday should be a relaxing day, considering it's piano day. Or maybe I'll just live through it and sleep in on Friday.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Two points. First, are flat tire bizarrely frequent where you live? Second, have you heard of multiple paragraphs? I read that whole thing like it was one single thought. It was a little bit confusing.

On the other hand it's late; I'm sick; and you should probably just ignore everything I'm saying right now.

Bishniak said...

Through that whole diatribe I picked up on two things:

1) Two flat tires in one day?
2) Couldn't you call the Pizza place and get a new warmer pizza because ice cold pizza is only good the next morning?

Kathleen said...

Nate, I'm just happy you commented. But the one paragraph thing was supposed to be an insightful literary device, to convey just how hectic and frazzled my day was. I thought two flat tires were a little weird, and we COULD have called them back, but it was already an hour after I called the first time so we didn't wait - plus, chance a third flat tire?