Friday, August 19, 2011

Woes of Adulthood

I made a comment a few weeks, maybe a month ago. Being an adult is not as fun as I thought it would be when I was six. Or ten. Or 16. Granted, eventually I learned that I would have to go to school to get a degree, work hard, etc. I was prepared, by 16, of that concept. But all the other things that nothing but life can prepare you for - not just work, but the hours you work (I don't have weekends off and my schedule is not 9-5 - although I chose that, being in the field I love) the pay you get (less than I thought, considering the vital service I do and the fact that we are supposed to be such a prosperous country) all the things you need (or want) that takes more money than you make (and no, I'm not talking about my own jet or exotic vacations...well, okay, maybe the exotic vacations). Bills. And figuring out where to live. And I'm supposed to know how to do all this so that I can actually be a parent!!! I don't think I know enough about being a grown-up to you know, be the actual grown-up. I sometimes still can't believe I'm no longer in high school. Except I look older, bigger, and I don't get up at 6 am every morning to make sure my hair looks good (I don't care anymore).

I've learned though, through mistakes (hard ones to correct) and hopefully that will help in the long run. I'm still young, and so there's time to find that perfect house/condo/apartment. There's still time to save up enough money to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro and swim with dolphins. And adulthood isn't horrible - I mean, I get to have a baby - I'll have one in less than a year! I get to eat ice cream or fast food for lunch if I want to (but sadly, my parents have sort of spoiled that for me, because I end up feeling guilty and then want salad or have a stomachache and then they turn out to be right *the horror!!!*).

Now, does anyone have any ways I can make more money from just sitting on my computer, writing a blog? Or something?

No comments: