Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's Almost September

What a boring title...but I honestly couldn't think of anything else. I'm looking forward to the (hopefully) cooler weather, because now that I'm getting bigger and feeling more extreme temperatures, this heat is really starting to bother me. Plus, it'll be nice to go for walks outside without worrying so much about overheating and feeling horrible.

Doctor's appointment went well, I'm gaining weight right on schedule (and luckily not too much so far!), heartbeat was strong, and I only had one complaint about backaches. We reviewed the ultrasound results and found out some semi-worrying news, but only because I'm neurotic lately. The ultrasound itself was great - we've taken every test we could for any anomalies and abnormalities, so we weren't expecting anything like that. But the placenta is anterior (which is why I haven't been feeling a lot, or any, movement/kicks yet) and it's also very low. So far, my doctor isn't worried: she said it's common and will probably move as I get bigger. But it means good news: we get to have another ultrasound in about 8 weeks! We're definitely getting a good collection of sonograms for the baby book.

We're also really starting to talk about parenting and decisions to make: names to choose, for example. Our policy on tv (none until the age of 18 months or so and a strict policy even after that), bedtimes, picky eating (I hope we don't have one but it's pretty probable), traveling (where we want to take her on vacations), babysitters and daycare, school (Montessori if we can afford it), vaccinations and pediatricians (like we'd endanger society by NOT doing vaccinations or listening to our pediatrician) etc. I'm starting a list of parenting books to read or re-read: Parenting Beyond Belief, Happiest Baby on the Block, Dr. Sears' books, etc. I've even got recommendations from friends and even perfect strangers! LOL...

We're both looking forward to moving out in November to our own place and getting a nursery ready and packing for the hospital. We have childbirth class to look forward to and baby showers too. I think both sides of the family are getting more excited - just like we are.

Hopefully, any September posts will be less about pregnancy and more about, well, who knows. But I am glad I've started trying to keep up with my blog again.

No comments: