Monday, April 28, 2008

Woe is Me and Other News

So far I haven't heard anything from Financial Aid and I'm always looking for new assistantships, so hopefully all will be well on the graduate school front. Please keep your fingers crossed, do a spell, pray, whatever that someone out there will say, "hey, let's give her a huge bag of hundreds!" Anyway, that's the woe is me part. Nick and I drove to Champaign-Urbana this past week and stayed over one night to find me an apartment. After two days, one of the last places we looked (naturally!) was a perfect fit. It's larger than the one we live in now; only slightly more expensive; has a balcony, a fireplace, and a bath and a half. There's even a special storage/pantry area that we can put the kitties beds and stuff so they have their own room. Oh, and the kitchen/dining area is huge. I'm very excited about my new place, though amazingly I'll miss this one. It has been my home for the past two years. Anyway, good luck to SML (you know who you are!) and thanks for the encouragement anyone who actually encouraged me. Now, I'm going to go drink a glass of wine, watch some Gilmore Girls and relax after my day of working hard.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, your new apartment sounds neat. Fireplaces are a huge must, especially in Chicago winters... Soon you'll be drinking that wine in front of a warm fire. And I'll probably be there visiting! Kay

Kathleen said...

Yay!!!!

Sara Bishop said...

I dont like fireplaces, but probably because I'm lazy. I'd rather sit by the heating vent. :-)

Kathleen said...

I used to do that at mom's old house in the living room - remember that vent by the organ? It was my own personal reading space. It was great!! Ahh, to be young again.

KU Mommy said...

Fireplaces are awesome. I had one in my first apartment back in Wichita and in the Daisy House. WE used it ALLLL the time. It's work... but it's just so fun to have a fire crackling in the corner!! NEAT!

Kathleen said...

Well, it's a gas fireplace so it won't be as much work as woodburning - which is good, because I don't think Nick trusts me with an ax. There was a small incident. Nothing was cut off I just don't have great aim. And since he won't be there to cut wood - or find wood for that matter, it's just safer and better this way.

Sara Bishop said...

you can always buy your wood pre-cut, I would like to point out. we dont want anyone losing fingers or toes. :-)

Kathleen said...

Well, yes, and there's those fireplace logs you can buy as well..but again, not an issue. And also again, NO ONE had anything cut off!!! It was just an aiming issue!!! :-)