Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tips on How to Lose Weight

Here's a good way to lose weight:
1. Go to the dentist and let them give you four shots to the same side of your mouth
2. Let them drill and polish and take out a filling for one tooth and put in a filling in another
3. Have dentist use nasty tasting fake cement stuff to put in temporary crown on broken tooth
4. Be terrified of losing said temporary crown and do not eat anything that is not in liquid or semi-liquid form : soup, yogurt, smoothies, nothing solid or chewy.
5. Have weird reaction to said shots and feel nauseous, dizzy, faint, and achy - too tired to eat.

By my next appointment, I should have lost about 5 pounds. I wonder if I can keep that off afterwards?

6 comments:

KU Mommy said...

Ick, girl. That sounds awful. I think I'd rather keep the five pounds. I hope you're feeling better now!!!!!

Kathleen said...

I feel a little better. Yesterday I was feeling all faint and Southern Belle-like. I'm still a bit swollen though and if I talk a lot I sound like I have some sort of speec impediment. But I only have to wait about a week to get the permanent in and supposedly this is my last big appointment (until my next cleaning!) Thanks for the good wishes. What about you? Morning sickness still - and by the way, that bread that Andrew buys sounds like the kind I love so don't knock it!!!

Anonymous said...

That does not sound like a good way to lose weight. I'm going to stick with my eat whatever I want and just suck it in when I'm wearing tight clothing strategy. Kay

Kathleen said...

That's the strategy that's working for me now!

Anonymous said...

my mom would tell you that all the vomiting from the chemo really helps too. And the most annoying part is that she has to take her anti-nausea pills with food.

Sara

Kathleen said...

I remember that from my mom. Oh, and in her case, radiation helps as well. Not enough.But I remember she looked almost like a holocaust victim she was so skinny. Tell your mom good luck and to enjoy the irony of taking anti-nausea pills with food...cause seriously...