Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Umm...

Pennsylvania primary people!! I'm very excited; although I don't really know why, cause it'll probably be a Clinton/Obama win - they're very very close in the polls. In other news, I now have an advisor so I can start picking out classes for next year! I haven't really heard anything yet about financial aid, but I'm still looking. I really don't have anything new to add or talk about except maybe that whole fundamentalist Mormon religion thing. Oh, and I read an article about an 8 year old girl who filed for divorce from her 30 year old husband. I'll try to find it; it's very depressing. Stupid religion. And ignorance. Really, it's the two combined with traditional cultural practices that people can't let go of that makes me so angry; mainly just because of situations like child marriage and genital mutilation and pedophilia. Anyway, on a happier note, I'm already one run ahead of my goal - I set a goal at Nike.com to run 10 times in four weeks. I've been doing great, and plan on beating it. Maybe. Wish me luck. And I hope you enjoyed seeing a new post. I know I do.

3 comments:

Sara Bishop said...

the 8 year old who filed for divorce was in an asian country, if i remember correctly, not a mormon.

Kathleen said...

The 8 year old was from Yemen; she also sued her father for making her marry the 30 year old. The Mormon child marriage is from the huge compound they just broke up - the Fundamentalist Mormon branch of the LDS.

Sara Bishop said...

right, but the way your post read, the 8 year old was an FLDS.