Saturday, August 18, 2007

Neurosis

So lately I keep getting deja vu type feelings. Perhaps I'm repressing emotions from my childhood or something or I've BEEN repressing childhood emotions and now they're coming out, but I keep remembering high school and grade school. I mean, like I'll look out the window, see the sky a certain color and suddenly I'm waxing poetic about Kay and I playing Barbie on days like this, or reading a certain book, or just being a certain age. Or I'll feel myself wanting to sleep in on a stormy day and I'll be sad because I used to do that as a teenager and looking out my window at the rain..blah, blah, blah. I"m not explaining the surge of emotions correctly here, but hopefully I've gotten enough across to portray how weird this feels. Does everyone feel this way? I mean, I don't really feel a whole lot of "I miss that" emotions about college, or even my family and I live far away from them now? Why only grade school and high school? Why does it feel like I could wake up at any moment and be getting ready to go to band with Mr. A? Or something of that sort? Like time went too fast all of a sudden and I'm not really supposed to be grown up yet. Anyway, it's been happening more than usual, and it's making me feel very sad and a little weirded out. What the hell is wrong with me? Anyway, I wanted to post something new, and get away from the Wives topic until I've finished the book...so there you have it. I'm neurotic or something.

5 comments:

Sara Bishop said...

I dont see anything wrong with that. I've been having high school dreams lately. although the one that pops into my head first is the one where Snape was our chemistry teacher and I spent most of my senior year trying to seduce him even though he was a cranky pants. But at least you and Kay kept telling me I was crazy. :-)

Anonymous said...

Everyone has times like that when they're feeling nostalgic and missing what used to be. I did love high school, although I would never go back...:) Anytime you're feeling blue, give one of us a call and we'll reminisce with you. (I don't think that spelling is right).

Anonymous said...

Ok, sounds like you are pretty normal to me sis. I'm how many years older than you and I STILL have days like that!!
Sara....dreaming about SNAPE??? LOL
and Kay- you spelled it right! :)

Kathleen said...

Aww. Poor Kay and her spelling. Remember the stories? Porque? :-) I will definitely have to call more when I get those nostalgic feelings. Oh, and I will probably be in KS in a few weeks to see Grandma - though I still don't know for sure because of work scheduling...so I think we should get together anyone else who will be there -Kay, Sara?

Sara Bishop said...

if youre in kc this weekend we're getting our marraige blessed....and if you're in the kc area labor day weekend we're going to the renaissance festival on Saturday....fun fun fun!