Thursday, July 05, 2007

Kids are so funny

So I talked to the woman I was a nanny for this past semester and she told me a funny story. Their family is on vacation at their vacation house in North Carolina and they were sitting around talking about stuff. Somehow, the topic turned to who the kids would marry when they grew up and the four-year old, Lila, was saying stuff about how she'd marry Liam, her brother, etc. Then she said, well, I can marry a girl can't I? And they had to explain that no, not at this time can you marry a girl (homophobics religious intolerant people and all - though I doubt they said that) but you can have civil unions. And she was like, okay, then I'm going to have a civil union with Kathleen! So Nick now has competition from a four-year old girl. Kids say the funniest things! And I had to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all...a vacation home in North Carolina...those sons of bitches:) I can't wait until I have money someday, although I don't think I'll ever have a vacation home in N. Carolina

Secondly, I love it when kids say stuff like that. And I hope I'm invited to the ceremony