Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Week highlights

To continue with my non-confrontational( I hope) and non-issue (I hope) blog topics, I wanted to post about the highlights of this past week while Nick is away. Sadly, I'm hoping it will cheer me up to think of some things that are actually highlights of my week(s) without him.

1. Reincarnating a fish. Yep. That's exactly what I mean.

2. Getting post cards from Nick.

3. Getting phone calls and messages from Nick, nearly every day, while he's in Berlin and Prague. Transatlantic messages and conversations are awesome!!!!

4. Winning the bingo game at work and getting a gift card to Barnes and Noble.

5. Hearing this guy talking about the new plane he just bought and feeling totally, wretchedly poor standing next to him. It would have helped if he's been a jerk, but he was funny and nice. He bought a PLANE! And he doesn't know how to fly it - he's learning! A PLANE!!!!

6. Last week of school for the kids=lots of hours, busy, busy hours for me=hardly anytime to be thinking about missing Nick.

7. Gretchen hearing that I would be alone (save for my kitties) these past few days/weeks and telling me that they are always free if I need company. How sweet is that to hear from a boss? I have a new, sort of surrogate family.

8. Emails from friends who are supportive of everything I do, and not overly sensitive to blog postings.

9. Calling my dad to tell him about fish reincarnation and just talking to him. I miss my dad! (I miss my entire family, of course, but my dad is the best dad in the whole world!)

I can't think of a tenth. Sorry. Anyway, I do have something sort of controversial to discuss. I was invited to go to a Pride Parade in Des Moines. I'd love to go, but I can't get off work. The only controversial part is the Pride Parade and that I'd love to go. Anyway, hope this is a somewhat interesting post. If it's not, well, comment on something and help me make it more interesting!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reincarnating a fish? How would one go about that?

Anonymous said...

Going to a Pride Parade would definitely be an interesting experience. And I am also interested in the fish story. Did you give it mouth to mouth? Did it used to be a cat and now it came back as a fish? I'm confused