Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy April!

I am now on a major hunt for fun topics/things to do for future storytimes. To that end, I have found a wonderful author: Alan Katz. He redoes the words to fun, traditional kid's songs. Here are a few of my favorites!

Give Me a Break (to the tune of "Home on the Range" - I am originally a KS girl)

Oh give me a break
'Cause I made a mistake
And my library book's overdue
The fault is all mine
Oh boy, what a fine
It was due way back in '92!

Home, home's where it's hid
This is such a bad thing I did
And you might say "Gee whiz!"
'Cause the book's title is
How to Be a Responsible Kid!

"Don't Flush Strange Things in the Potty" (to the tune of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic") - for patriotic potty training?

Don't take your sister's rattle and just drop it in the bowl
It's not place to hide things like a pocket or a hole
It's also not a home to give your fishy or a tadpole
The toilet is for poop!

Don't put your toy in the toilet
Or it's probably gonna spoil it
And your mom'll have to boil it
The toilet is for poop!

A kid I know took both his boots and flushed 'em on a whim
Then he took his favorite bear and taught him how to swim
The potty started flooding and they called on Plumber Jim
He had to fix their bowl

Don't flush strange things in the potty
Doing that is really naughty
Pee and poop come from your body
And they go in the bowl!

No comments: