Monday, December 01, 2008

Reflection on Thanksgiving

Well, I'm back in Champaign - and already I am wishing for Christmas vacation. Who knew that being gone for a simple week would be so complicated. Plus, I hate unpacking! But it is worth it because I had a great Thanksgiving break and holiday. In honor of that, I thought I'd put aside politics and debate and just do a nice highlights page - cause everyone loves highlights right?!

My Thanksgiving Break Highlights (these are in no particular order)

1. Movie with Jackie, Taylor, Alyssa, and Colin - the movie was Twilight and this was the second time I saw it. Certain parts were just as hilarious. But it was far more fun just hanging out with them. Plus, Colin was the only boy in our group, seeing a chick flick, and I think that's just very classy of him.

2. Having lunch with Jackie at Olive Garden and reminiscing and basically getting a chance to catch up.

3. Thanksgiving dinner with the family, and laughing so hard it hurt because dad was telling all his old, really hilarious stories to Nick.

4. Watching Nick make pies in the kitchen and talking with all the kids on Wednesday night.

5. Seeing Twilight with Ramee and laughing so hard it almost hurt! Also, alcohol.

6. Hanging out with all my friends from high school (almost all). It felt like old times, if we had gone out to Old Chicago and drank while we were in high school. But it was so fun to see everyone and laugh until it hurt - literally HURT - to keep smiling. It was good to see you all!!!! Kay, your ring is beautiful and you still suck for not wearing the shirt!

7. Spending time with Nick, who I never get tired of spending time with and already miss, even though it's only been 8 hours.

8. Thanksgiving food!!!!

9. Having lunch with Dr. Owens and Angie Gumm at Jimmy's Diner and talking about history and classes and gossip.

10. Seeing the family. 'Nuff said.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

I forgot to mention how fun it was to have lunch with Kay and Sara and give them "the shirts." I think we need to be mysterious about these you two. So nobody tell!! Heehee

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I did wear my shirt on Saturday night, but that probably doesn't make it better:) I had fun seeing you too. Why don't you come home more:( Kay

KU Mommy said...

Man... I'm so bummed we couldn't make it Saturday night. Let me tell you that it was a combination of two or three things:

1st: Andrew's grandparents cardgame lasted WAY longer than expected.

2nd: I have officially hit the three week since Vince was born mark and I couldn't bring myself to a happy enough state to find something that looked cute and it totally didn't feel right to go to Old Chicago and see all my old friends in sweat pants and a giant t-shirt. Ack... stupid postpartum hormones and body!!!

But I missed you all and if it happens again on Christmas, PLEASE let me know!!!!!

Kathleen said...

Kristi - we will. We missed you too. And we don't care what you wear, cause we're just that cool :-)
Kay - I'd come home more if I didn't have to 1) work so hard and 2) it weren't an 11 freaking hour long drive. That's insanely long! But I'll be back in like 2 1/2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

Okay, no more excuses either one of you! You don't make excuses, you just get shit done! :) I was sad to not get to see you, though, Kristi. And we will find some time to meet over Christmas I'm sure. Kay

Sara Bishop said...

and how about how awesome it was that we ran into you guys at Olive Garden and Nora gave you a kiss and tried to tickle Jackie?

Kathleen said...

You know, I just saw a pattern when it came to laughing - hurt. Apparently I should laugh more so that I'm not out of shape.

Anonymous said...

Hey I was in town Saturday too! :( And ya know Katie KC is only like eight hours...that is better than almost half a day's drive, its only a third ya know. Audrie