Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Library Thing! You Make My Heart Sing!

I know we barely got started discussing my last issue, but it's depressing me a bit so I thought I'd share something much more fun. Right now, I'm working on uploading all of my books into a personal library. It's called LibraryThing, and it's totally free. If you google it, you'll be able to join free and add your books - make your own library! Also, my library catalog will be public, so all of my friends can see which books I own. Have fun with it guys, it's awesome! I've been having a lot of trouble keeping up with my catalog manually - I just have a basic Excel document with a list of my books, organized by author. Yes, that's right. I'm a nerd. You all love me anyway. And Library Thing is totally cool.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

You've catalogued all of your books? I don't think I could even find all of my books, I have so many piles of them on my floor. So what exactly is the point of Library Thing? Is it just for super-organized people to show off, or is like something to connect people through simlar taste in books? Like Myspace for book lovers?

Kathleen said...

You can organize your books and connect with people who have the same books. It's like Facebook for book lovers who are super nerdy and organized (like me!)

Kathleen said...

I've already started on my nonfiction section. It's almost sad how exciting this is to me. Anyway, if you want to know my username so you can look me up I'll email it to you.