Friday, August 08, 2008

School

I've barely started, ok, haven't really started yet, and I'm ready to be finished with school. I miss Iowa City. I miss my family. I miss my boyfriend. But despite this, I just started a new journey: I've decided to go ahead and in addition to my master's degree, I'm going to be a certified teacher librarian. I wasn't sure when I saw all the stuff you have to do, I thought about just getting my MLS and then getting certified in Iowa. But I've made the big plunge and decided to just get it all over with. Now that I'm committed: in the form of registering for a Basic Skills Test, I can't back down. And I'm kind of excited. And scared. And ready to be finished, despite having barely started at all. So wish me luck, cause I'm sure I will need it. And also, just so everyone knows and is appropriately respectful of my brain, I read in U.S. News and World Report that my program is the best in the country - even, the world. How awe-inspiring is that? They must have made a mistake when they let me in, eh?! Also, in one of my classes, I am expected to have and read 45 books in one semester. Pretty cool huh? I'm getting more excited than scared now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll do great! And it's only two years, right? Kay

Anonymous said...

you'll do awesome because you are awesome. :-)

Sara

Kathleen said...

Thanks girls! I miss you!

Kathleen said...

Oh, and you both are awesome too!