Monday, August 18, 2008

More School

It starts on Monday - not that I have class that day, just Tuesday through Thursday. I'm actually getting excited. I have one of my books and am planning on getting the others as soon as I can, probably tomorrow. I am also still looking for an assistantship and new job or new jobs. There's one at the public library that would be PERFECT, but I'm very tentative about it, because for some reason I'm not getting calls back. I'm revamping my resume, just in case that's dragging me down for some reason. The apartment is a disaster because I'm trying to organize and clean at the same time. Should have thought that through. Also, I have student health insurance! So exciting, because it's been awhile since I've been covered by a plan. And I was happy to see that my plan covers abortions, which is really rare. I'm proud to be a part of something so progressive, not that I think most of you will agree. Also, I'm getting ready to sell some of my Harlequin SuperRomance books, so if anyone's interested in buying I'd be glad to have you do that, before I head to a used bookstore anyway.
I'm missing Nick quite a bit, and honestly, no matter how excited I am about school starting and new books to read and new professors and students (possibly friends) I'm anxious to get it finished and move back to Iowa City and start my career.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with school! And selling back your romance novels. Most stores won't take them b/c they're overloaded with them. I finally found one here that gives you 20 cents for each book, and I was excited! Kay

Kathleen said...

Yeah, I usually save them up and then take them to half-price books. I don't get very much, but I can buy coffee or a cheap lunch with the money. Of course, this time, it'll go in savings or something.