Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No Title

Well, it's been a crazy week and a half. Found out some bad news from Nick's family. But I did successfully register for classes (yay!) and found out that to get my school library certificate there's a lot more involved than I thought, so I keep going round and round about whether I should do it or not. I keep thinking yes, cause then I have more options, job wise. But I'm tired of waiting to get to my career and not having money, and anxious to get out there and start getting kids to read, etc. So that means I should get it done in a year instead of a year and a half or two, which is what a school library certificate would take. I'm still having no luck with the assistantship thing and it's kind of freaking me out a bit. I'm sure I'll be fine without one though it will be tough, but my job just doesn't pay enough and I would love something on campus so I'm not using a bunch of gas. Anyway, that's pretty much it. Oh, Nick did get good news: he'll be staying in Iowa City and getting his PhD in Informatics. I'm so proud! And it means that if I can just get done with this program, I can live there again. Cause I miss it.

No comments: