Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Language of Flowers

You know what would be cool? To bring back the Victorian tradition of sending messages by flower bouquets. Every flower has a meaning: yellow roses= friendship, etc. So a really cool thing would be to have a flower shop that specializes in sending message bouquets.
Say I wanted to send a bouquet to a friend. I don't want to pick some flowers that mean heartache, jealousy, and vengeance do I? Well, maybe if you wanted to tell your friend you now hated them or something. But that's my point. It's so cliche to send a dozen red roses on Valentine's Day or just to say I'm sorry or something. We need something more creative I think. I mean, yeah, ok - sending her/him their favorite flower is saying I'm paying attention - but what if you could send a bouquet that says, Will you marry me? Just by the blooms you pick.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should open up your own business. Flower business has got to be always good, after all. There are tons of husbands out there who have to apologize for some stupid thing they did. And yes, I know I'm being cliche'ish, but you all know it's true. kay