Friday, September 21, 2007

Tired

So my first week back from vacation. I already need another one. Anyone want to send me a thousand dollars to I can fly to the Bahamas or something? Anyway, Nick gave me my birthday present, and just so I can brag AND give an explanation as to why it has become important after I tell you what I did yesterday I will tell you what it was: An hour long massage, a manicure and pedicure, and a body steam treatment. Now, this week has been gearing up, getting busier and busier, and the pinnacle was yesterday.
1. Got up at 6:15. (Must say here that did not get to bed until about 1 because I babysat the night before and didn't get home until late. Then of course, had to shower and wind down). Got dressed and drank appx. 1/2 cup of coffee before rushing out door (not nearly enough, wish I had drank a whole pot.)
2. Arrived at G's house (Nanny-ing) at 7:25. A little early even. Helped her get kids going - luckily, they were already dressed so it was more, keeping kids occupied while she got dressed.
3. Buckled in LIla, Rosie, and Maggie. Drove Maggie 20 minutes to her school across town in Iowa City. Dropped her off. Headed back and drove all the way to North Liberty (20 minutes appx.) Unbuckled toddler and LIla and dropped her off at preschool spending 5 minutes trying to pry her off my leg.
4. Spent morning straightening house and playing with toddler. My most relaxed time of day.
5. Had lunch...then got small grocery list and prescription list. Went to pick up RX and groceries in Coralville. Drove to North Liberty. Picked up Lila. Drove from North Liberty to Iowa City. Dropped Lila off at Piano. Went to school and picked up Maggie. Drove back to piano lesson place. Picked up Lila, leaving Maggie for lesson. Drove back to school and picked up Liam. Drove back to piano lesson place. Dropped Liam off (very reluctant as he doesn't like piano that much). Picked up Maggie and managed to play with them on playground for half hour. Then played for fifteen minutes more with Liam so he'd get playground time in.
6. Drove all three back home. Left.
7. Got home, ate, didn't have any more coffee, stupid stupid! Drove to work at store. Spent two hours opening boxes of freight - supposedly only 50some, but felt like a billion. Also taking flat boxes to cardboard bin outside. ALL the boxes. Went home covered in cardboard pieces and barely able to feel hands. Took shower. Had two strong drinks and watched The Office. Am still tired just typing this down.
Sorry if this bored you, but I'm so proud of myself for doing all of this fairly well.

1 comment:

Sara Bishop said...

all stories should end with watching the office. :-)