Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday

I love Fridays. Today, after two weeks of rushing around, not getting enough sleep, or rest, doing all that adult stuff that takes up so much time, energy, stress, I acted like a teenager and slept in..until 9:30. Not exactly like a teenager. And I had coffee, which I never did as a teenager. But I stayed up later last night, slept in today, and then read a cheesy romance novel I'd started last night and finished it. No worries about getting to work on time or making sure I had everything done before or after. So nice to have peace and quiet every now and then.
Nick told me the other day he had a surprise idea for me, and then asked me how I'd feel about visiting Minneapolis for two days over spring break (I will only have two days off). I immediately began looking at the website to Mall of America: they have an aquarium there! Major cool! And of course, a lot of stores. Chicago would probably have been our next choice, but it's more expensive than Minneapolis and we have to have a budget trip. But still, I'm so excited. This is sort of our first vacation together. Before we started dating we did check out college campuses together, but we kept it clean! Not that I'm saying this one will be dirty, but it will be nice to travel as a couple. Especially since we both want to go to so many place. It's like our first start on traveling around the world - and it may be short - but I think that will make it really special. At the end of May, he and his mom are traveling to Berlin and Prague. I'm so jealous! But only cause I can't wait to go to Berlin and Prague with him! Of course, this way, he'll know a little more about the city (well, Prague, because he studied in Germany for awhile so he already knows Berlin quite a bit). Anyway, that's a bunch of kinda fun stuff. Much more fun than that article I posted - which was so sad and depressing. Have a great weekend everybody!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun...the mall is quite neat. Of course if you take I-35, you'll be driving right past the turnoff for Mason City, but I know you probably won't have time to stop...still, on your way back, we're exit 194, and we're only like 10 minutes off the highway. You guys should totally stop by just to see the house and say hi. Even if it's only for one hour. Regardless, have fun!!!

Bishniak said...

Ride the rides in the middle for me. And then go to Spencer's (every mall HAS to have a Spencer's) and giggle at the semi-adult section in the back. :)

Kathleen said...

LOL. I will do that. I am looking forward to the Shark Tunnel actually. Voted one of the best by Discovery Channel. And of course, the stores full of clothes, and shoes, and handbags (all of which I can't afford, but still...