Sunday, February 04, 2007

Well, I got the job as a mother's helper and I'm quite excited. Plus, I'm getting more hours at the Children's Place as well, so I might actually have some savings built up soon. Yay for having some reliable income. I just wish there was more there. But we can't all be Vanderbilts. Kristi and Andrew had their baby - congratulations! I presume Sara, Brad, and Nora are doing well - congratulations again! I read an interesting article in the New York Times today about a serial killer in South Bend, Indiana. So far, four homeless men were victims. But my friends who live there should still be careful! There's a rally in Des Moines next week organized by Planned Parenthood, while the state legislature votes on comprehensive sex education in school. I wish I could go and rally around the effort, but unfortunately I can't because I missed the deadline. I still responded via email and letter, but I think it'd be fun to be part of the action. I talk big, but too often can't act big because of work commitments or time and/or distant restraints. That's all the news for now; except to say: one of my new well-read authors is Jane Green and I think all my female friends should read her; quite hilarious, modern chick lit.

No comments: