Thursday, December 28, 2006

A new blog post

Well, Christmas was good. Long drive of course, there to Kansas and back to Iowa. But it was a good vacation...got to see some old friends from Grad school and hang out a lot with family. Was a little sad that I missed seeing other old friends, but I suppose it happens. So far, the only thing I have planned for New Year's is hanging out and working. I volunteered to work on Thanksgiving and New Year's to have Christmas off. Not that it's a big deal, but I will be ready for the holidays to be over so I can get back to a normal schedule at work. Am thinking a lot about New Year's Resolutions and what I should focus on. But that's basically all. Did I mention that I joined the ACLU? Nick and I also joined NetFlix and are having a blast picking movies out. So far, I can't wait to get this documentary on a girl in Texas who challenges the abstinence-only sex education at her school to fight the immensely high rates of pregnancy that occurs as a result of it. Looks interesting. I'm also reading a book about the history of experts advice for women, you know, like doctors who advised women who were menstruating not to swim or to get out of bed (in the 1800s) because menstruation was a "disease," that kind of thing. I've only just started, but it's been fascinating so far. Well, I guess that's all. Hope everyone had a merry christmas and has a happy new year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I can understand it being a 'disease'....definitely an inconvenience!! I'd like to read it when you get done. Glad your holiday went well. Ours was kind of "ehhhh" but to be expected. Good thing kids were involved otherwise I don't think we'd have celebrated. Anyway, call when you get time. JK

Anonymous said...

Hey, hope you had good holidays. Sorry I didn't get to see you; it was crazy. I had four dinners to go to. Anyway, hope you got your present in the mail; it should be there by now. I'm planning on coming to see you in April, but I'll finalize plans as it gets closer. Just thought I'd give you heads up. It's about time I meet Nick after a year and a half!