Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Honey, Salsa, and Pears

Well, it's been a rather busy week. The title refers to the fact that Nick and I have fallen in love with shopping for certain grocery items at the Farmer's Market. There's one that is right across the street. There, we found this fantastic, extremely fresh honey - the kind that tastes illegal, and you want to just lick the entire jar clean. It was that fantastic! Wonderful, wonderful honey! We also found great, really fresh salsa: perfectly spicy...and tried out a new type of apple and bought really great pears. In short, we are in love with this place! In other news, not much has been happening besides work and writers block - somebody please help me get over this! I can't seem to concentrate on writing my thesis!!! Work is going good: I'm getting comfortable at both places; still haven't decided about leaving one or not. Depends on schedules and such. Nick has started his first week of Library School. I am suddenly dying to be in classes, taking notes and planning for exams...I miss that. Maybe I'm just so good at being a student I don't know what else to be. My dad says that once I get my teaching certification he thinks I'll really enjoy teaching. And with the Certificate in Native American Studies, I can teach at a reservation school or a tribal college (maybe) if I want to - not much money, but I'd feel really good about myself I think. Anyway, that's that. Just for the record, I really miss my friends: Sara, Kay especially, cause there aren't really a bunch of opportunities to make new girlfriends here. Maybe at work? Or when I start classes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief sis, you sound kinda like one of those hippy, naturalist types! Not that it's bad, just not quite what I pictured you as. Hmmmm, I will have to rethink my viewpoint....it actually sounds fun. Alas, I have no time for anything fun at the moment, not even taking a certain first time kindergartener to her first day of school dammit! What AM I doing to myself?? Ah well, you probably won't hear/see much of me often, with what's goin on, but hey, unless otherwise notified, I'm still alive.

KU Mommy said...

MMMM... I think perhaps I'm quite hungry after eating..er oops... i mean reading this post. I want yummy fresh salsa and it's only 8:30 in the morning!

Kathleen said...

I know I was craving it all through work yesterday, it's almost gone! How did a certain first time kindergartner like the first day of school? I think that she and you should email me more! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, she enjoyed her first day of school just fine. It was only half day. The next day was full day, and she was exhausted at the end of it, even though they had 'naptime', "but I didn't go to sleep mom, I just laid there" was her comment. And now that it's the weekend, she wants to go to school and is whining that she's bored. I have not had a spare moment to myself up until this exact second, really. I just finished a take home exam that was 5 pages long. I still have 7 essay questions to answer for my other class, and an assessment form I need to finish before Monday morning at 6 AM. UGH