Monday, February 22, 2010

Reading

What I'm Reading Now: I read several to many books at the same time, a mix of adult fiction/non-fiction and teen fiction/nonfiction, as well as children's books of all types. It's my job (and totally a pleasure) as a librarian! Duh!

The Left Hand of God by Michael Lerner
Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Family Tree by Barbara Delinsky
Comfort Food: Williams and Sonoma
Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich

What I've Just Finished Reading and Recommend!
Sexism in American by Barbara Berg
Framed: A Baby Blues Treasury (hilarious comics, I love these)
Going Rouge: An American Nightmare (which was hilarious!)by Richard Kim and Betsy Reed
Abortion: My Choice, God's Grace by Anne Eggebroten

I am also excited that one of my favorite characters will be returning in a new book in March! Totally buying the book - which is indeed special. I guess that's really all...I don't have much of a topic, I guess, but I'm always open to new ideas and to talking about these books, if any one else has read them!

3 comments:

audrie said...

Haven't read those...did finish a couple books sent out to me. The first Anita Blake book. The other two were historical romance, pg rated on the on the actual romance which I like as I am rather jaded on that front now anyhow. Then if you count kid books well then that's a long list of new reads. Sorry can't discuss any of your reads with you. Would if I could.

Kathleen said...

Have you read There's An Animal Strike at the Zoo by Karma Wilson?
Also, Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late (and there are others with the pigeon) by Mo Willems - those are great picture books, I'll be your girls will love them...well, Clara might need more help :-)
Jaded on the romance, uh-oh!

audrie said...

I haven't heard of the zoo one, but when we go to story hour on next week I'll see if they have it. That particular pigeon one no haven't read it, but we have read a couple others or should I say Miss Peggy did at Belton's library. Right now I keep going back to the I Love You Little Monkey...would have to look up the author though. Have you read Joesph's Little Overcoat? I like that one. Yep, jaded on the romance in regards to my life.