Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Almost Christmas!

YAY! I love Christmas - I love the lights, I love the decorations, I love the music, I love giving and getting gifts. Today, I pulled out N's stocking and tried to find mine (it has sentimental meaning, since my mom made it) but couldn't find it - meaning it's hidden in some box in a corner somewhere, laughing as I try to figure out which one. After Christmas, I'm going to have to go through everything and label the boxes precisely with my ultra-cool label maker. But I digress.

Will be coming to Kansas for the holidays and get to see my family; so exciting! I'll hopefully be able to catch my nephew's last basketball game at Andale (they're moving) and hang out with all the kiddos. This year, I have two new nieces and a new nephew to spoil - thanks to Nick and us getting married and all. It's so much fun to tell people, when they ask how many nieces and nephews I have, that I have 9! They're so surprised. Yesterday, a patron commented that I looked too young to have that many. I was very gratified, since I know I'm starting to look older.

I am also excited about seeing my friends and eating great pizza - yes, in that order, but only slightly, since I LOVE Gambino's pizza! I totally miss it, since we don't have one in Iowa. And my family always has great food, so my fitness classes will come in handy after Christmas: I'm taking three: yoga, cardio, and aqua aerobics. I'm very excited about it, because I won't have excuses to not exercise.

Anyway, though somewhat pointless, my blog is now new. And has a far lighter topic.

Happy Holidays!
Happy Winter Solstice!
Merry Christmas!
Happy Hanukkah!
Merry Ramadan!! - Is that even correct?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas is quite awesome. I'm excited because my family didn't ask me to make anything complicated for christmas dinner and I hate cooking under pressure. I was super grouchy Thanksgiving morning because cooking is already not my favorite thing and then to have all this food to make for other people to eat is stressful. It's different if it's just for your own home 'cause then if it sucks, no one else knows:) Plus I had to make some for Dean's family Christmas and his mom is like super awesome cook so my food compared to hers is already on the big negative. On the plus side, my cherry pie was awesome!!! despite my worrying. So yay Christmas! Kay

Mimi said...

You forgot Yule! I love Christmas too, except last night part of our lights went out. Next week is going to be so hectic from all the baking and cooking I have to do, so I am trying to be very zen about it now and trying not to stress out like I did for Thanksgiving. And I actually have more to do for Christmas! I don't really mind though, as I did volunteer. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO behind...you married Nick? Congradulations! :) Hope your Christmas drive's safe. Audrie

Sara Bishop said...

Ramee, I had a dream last night that I was searching all over for your cupcakes, but I couldnt find them anywhere. I was walking from city to city hoping to find them. I guess my subconscious remembered how awesome they were, especially the filled ones.