Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's Over!

YES WE DID!!!!!!!!!


I was so proud of being an American yesterday. I imagine I'll be posting about this topic for awhile, but I honestly don't have a lot of words. When they announced it last night, I burst into tears I was so happy, so relieved, so excited. I was wishing I was in Grant Park and kicking myself for not organizing a group to go up there and celebrate with the new President-elect. And I have to say, I'm so proud of Americans too, not just for voting for Obama, but for voting at all. We had the biggest turn-out in a century! That's incredible! And I really have some major pity for those who DIDN'T vote; I think they've missed out on being a part of history, at least in action.
Also, I have to say McCain's concession speech was beautiful and also gave me teary eyes. So - YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!
YES WE DID!!!!



This is only the first part - you can check out the rest of it on YouTube.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness. No more bitching and whining from the left for at least 4 years.